It can be really irritating when you wake up in the morning with a severe pain in the neck while being unable to move your head in any direction. A stiff neck typically is the result of muscles weakening over time from poor posture or misuse, says chiropractor Andrew Bang, DC, of Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Integrative Medicine. Neck stiffness is characterized by the soreness of neck along with a difficulty to move the neck sideways. Stiff neck may also cause headache, shoulder pain, and even pain in the arms. Let’s discuss the causes and symptoms of neck stiffness.
- Sleeping in an awkward position that strains the neck muscles
- Improper posture at work
- Jerk in the neck due to an accident
- Using a pillow that gives no support or using too many pillows while sleeping
- Contact sports
- A forceful sneeze
- Decrease or limited movement of neck either to left or right
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and upper back
- Feeling uncomfortable while sleeping
- Muscle spasm in the muscles of the upper back and the cervical
- Headache and fever (stiff neck along with fever and headache may also be the reason for meningitis)
Remedies to cure Neck Stiffness
Massage is a good cure for stiff neck. You can use essential oils, like pine, rosemary, lavender or juniper for massaging as it will provide the necessary warmth to the neck muscles along with increasing the blood circulation. A gentle massage greatly helps in relaxing the muscles while reducing the stiffness.
2. Heating Pad
Place a heating pad over your sore neck. It is a useful remedy which will increase the blood flow while decreasing the stiffness of the neck.
3. Ice Packs
Crush some ice and wrap it in a poly bag. Now, cover the stiff part of neck with a small cloth or towel, then place the wrapped ice over it. Ice is really useful for stiff neck pain relief. It also reduces the inflammation caused due to the soreness.
4. Hot Water Shower
Keep your neck under a shower of warm to little hot water for about 4-5 minutes. Don’t turn or move your neck while doing this. This is one of the best cures for stiff neck muscles.
Exercising helps a lot. Gently move your neck in a circular motion. You can also move your neck in back and forth position. Side to side movement is also good. You can also try moving your neck in a pattern of digit-8. But, make sure it doesn’t pain. If it pains, don’t do these exercises.
- Sleep in a proper position.
- Check your sitting posture, especially at work.
- Take a break of 5 minutes from your work every hour and walk around.
- Avoid too much stress,
- Use a proper pillow while sleeping.
- Don’t sleep with too many pillows.
- Avoid driving as it may aggravate the problem.
Thank you all for reading my previous post. Today I will discuss the benefits of honey and how it helps to overcome various types of Illness.
Here are some of the Illnesses which can be cured by honey.
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.
To strengthen the semen of men, take 2 tablespoons of honey before sleeping. Women who not conceive can also take this to strengthen the uterus or can take a punch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey and apply it to the gums frequently throughout the day so that it slowly mixed with the saliva and enters the body.
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply to bread/toast instead of jam and eat it regularly for breakfast.
It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also, those who have already had an attack, if they this process daily, re kept miles away from another attack. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat.
In American and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that due to the increasing age the arteries and veins which lose their flexibility and get clogged are revitalised.
Make a paste of 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 5 teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be done 3 times a day daily till such a time that the tooth has stopped aching.
2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, if given to a cholesterol patient, it reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood within 2 hours. Pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.
Those suffering form common or sever colds should take a 1 tablespoon of lukewarm honey with a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily for 3 days.
Today we will Discuss about Natural Health Remedies from Ahlul-Bayt (a.s) regarding Honey (Shehad).
- It is best to drink and it cleanses the heart, cold, flu, and gets rid of nasal problems. 77 diseases are cured by Honey.
- In winter to be safe from coughs, cold etc. take 3 spoons of Honey on a daily basis.
- To get rid of constipation, take 1 glass of hot water, mix it with honey and drink in the mornings.
- To purify blood and to get rid of pimples eat Honey at breakfast.
- For pain in the joints, after each meal take one spoon of Honey with the niyya (intention) of Shifa.
- To have children, men should drink milk mixed with honey.
- Honey is an antibiotic, antiseptic, it cures heart diseases, cancer, fever, temperature etc.
In Egypt because mummies were preserved so well, a research took place and found it was due to Honey being applied to the whole body.
In our next Blog, we will also mention the cures of different types of illness from honey. Please like and Share our blog. We shall also mention the traditions of Ahlul Bayt a.s in it for the uses of Honey.
Continue reading “Natural Health Remedies of Honey.”